Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Meet The Family

So I get an email from Pat(the mum/mom) the other day telling me that over the Christmas and New Year period her husband Greg (the dad) lost his job, and as of the weekend had moved out to seek help for a problem he was having (I've witheld that info from you). How hard would that be for a woman to tell that to an almost stranger who could suddenly leave her in the lurch? So anyway, Emma (the current au pair) emails me, telling me not to worry and freak out (in case I was, I wasn't) and says that the kids (Alexandra (f), 10 y.o, Matthew (m), 6 y.o and Emily (f), 1 y.o) are fine with this development and don't really notice anything has changed since Greg wasn't around much anyway, plus the tension between Pat and Greg has obviously diminshed because he's moved out. Mind blowing really and I don't think I've ever met people like this before so no doubt my year will be interesting. Anyway, I'm still excited, waiting for my tickets to come.
I got boots yesterday to wear in the cold and snow and water, all very fancy. One less thing to worry about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home