Friday, February 09, 2007

THANK GOD I'M ALIVE

Oh my god. Honest to god getting to Atlanta was a nightmare. The bloody Greyhound terminal in Orlando was not in the greatest of areas, full of weirdos, pimps, even a transvestite (she/he complimented me on my great handbag, was quite chuffed) and general riff raff. I'm sorry to sound hoity toity but oh god it was horrible. Let me paint the picture of what occured, Aaaron at the hostel got us a cheap ride, that was nice. We get to the terminal and there's a line out the door because they're security checking everyone, once we finally get through and go to the ticketing counter I hold out my Illinois license for them to check that it's me and for some reason I drop it. It falls down a bloody crack into the depths of the desk. The lady working was not amused and started saying that the little monsters were going to eat it when I looked upset, I didn't hear her say that, I thought I heard her say it's gone forever. I want it so I can scrapbook it! Once they FINALLY found it the time was 10:40 and we still hadn't heard the boarding call for the Atlanta bus (which was to depart at 10:45) so we go over to the door and I was going to take a picture of the bus and getting all ready for that when I noticed the bus was full of people, and the driver was closing the door, and then the bloody thing was pulling out!!! Chany ran over to ask and it turns out they called for boarding, which we never even heard, and it was full anyway. They didn't even tell us this when we were checking in but made a big fuss about the supervisor coming right then and there because we had to board our bus. So we were stuck there until 1:40am. I went to the counter to confirm all this and made the comment that I was going to cry and the lady said, don't do that cause all those weirdo's will see you're weak. That freaked me out. We made friend's with some people though, played I Spy and some other games and the time ended up going to quicker. We were the first ones on the bus though. It was so uncomfortable. I hate Greyhound. I will never travel on a bus again. We picked up some people who'd just gotten out of jail along the way, after breakfast we had this freak girl on the bus start talking and not stop until we hit Hapeville, about 10 mins from our final stop in downtown Atlanta, so she spoke for a good 4 and a half hours of killing people, hitting people, having sex just general too much info stuff. Then when we stopped the bus dropped us off in the street as if that's normal because there was some major police arrest going on ahead of us. Yes, I can now say I've experienced something completely outside of my comfort zone.
But now we're in Atlanta and our hostel's internet kiosk is broken so we're at the library. We've got a massive two days planned (we lost yesterday arvo because we were sleeping) and still not enough time to see everything. First stop is Coca Cola World though because I've been dying to go there!!!
I won't post until I get to San Fran so stay tuned. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Jesus Christ.

You poor thing, seriously. That's so bad. I mean, I heard it was bad on the greyhound, but I just didn't expect it to actually BE that bad. Does that make sense?

7:06 AM  
Blogger hookeymonster said...

It makes heaps of sense. And I agree with you. The locations of the stations are bad to start with and I guess Greyhound is for everyone who can't afford to fly, which is generally the lower classes, as horrible as it sounds.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home