Monday, May 08, 2006

hello!
well the course was pretty good. gave me some great tips about travelling and cutting down costs in the u.s. which is really helpful considering all my holidays will be on a tight budget. it buggered me though. the course was from 6-9 on friday night then 10-6 on the saturday and sunday which seems alright but involved catching trains and sunday saw me having to leave the house before 7am to get to the station and catch the 7:15 cause the next one after that wouldn't have got me there in time. so when i woke this morning my body was so dead. and i managed to sleep through 3 text messages and the vibrating which is a fair effort for me.
matthew had the day off school today so he had a play date with his friend tommy which went well. i am looking forward to emily and i tomorrow though so i can have a break in the day. i ended up with a headache today which may have been caused by many things but it sot of killed me by the end of the day when alex decided to argue with me about homework. i still don't understand how she has to do the same thing every afternoon but still manages to cause a fight. although i'm pretty sure i did the same thing with my parents about dishes or something. not about homework. i don't recall much homework when i was at school...
so i'm probably going to work all weekend, which is fine as it gives me less of an opportunity to go and spend money. i'm off to dc in 3 weekends and i've pretty much no money saved. but i had my reimbursement from insurance come in today from the medication i had to get when i got sick when i first arrived and kellie is giving me the money for the kelly clarkson ticket i paid for on my credit card. of course i'm sending that money home though to go back on the credit card.
oh and i've worked out how i'll be able to find out if i've adopted the american accent, when i go through the drive thru at macca's and say coke and they understand straight off the bat then i'll know that i've picked it up. haven't yet though and need to start practising sounding more australian. no idea why but it'd fill up my day and plus sometimes i have this irish accent going on (no idea why and can't remember if i've mentioned it but i just started thinking with an irish accent one day) so it'll be a good way to get rid of that.
anyway, i've just been completely sidetracked with some mildly shocking news so end it here and say i hope everyone is well and have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home