Tuesday, February 13, 2007

What we did Monday!

Yesterday we went to Alcatraz, you know I didn't realise it was used during the Cival War or that it was the stage for a large protest in the late 60's for American Indian's. Was very interesting. We had breathtakingly fantastic views of San Fran from "The Rock" and enjoyed walking up the hills that were an average of 13 levels up. And there was a gum tree there!!! I was so excited about that. I was walking up the hill and looking at the tree thinking that looks out of place, I haven't seen one of them for a long time then I looked at the leaves and realised it was a gum, I was so excited. But Chany and I had lost each other at this point so I was alone in my excitement... But I must admit, I went up and smelt it. Weird I know. Anyway, it started to rain at this point as well so I went into the cell house to begin the audio tour and found Chany.
The rain finally let up on the ferry back to the pier so we walked to Fisherman's Wharf and had some expensive, crappy lunch. Then we went to the Visitors Centre where the lady liked us so much she gave us a free shot glass each!!! As we were watching a performer it started to rain giant rain drops so we had to run under cover and put our ponchos back on, lucky I bought the one with me from Disney, Chany forgot hers so had to buy on Alcatraz.
We kept shopping though, getting wet, my shoes aren't waterproof... And as we were looking for the bathroom I could hear seals (Chantelle thought it was a seagull for some reason...) and there they were, just down from the wharf on those makeshift dock things that can no longer be used because the seals have claimed them as their own. Chantelle decided to speak to them and the funny thing was it sounded like one of them replied!!!! Then some people came up behind her while she was still speaking seal and I was quite embarrassed to be with the seal talking freak!!!
We had pizza for dinner, I had a bad headache earlier so was dying for pizza by the time the meds kicked in. Then we had a super early night bed time wise and I now can't sleep past 7am.
We're doing cable cars and Golden Gate today.
I am ringing Pat and the kids today also and can't believe I fly out tomorrow!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

So. Jealous!!!!!

It sounds like you're having a blast.

We're having a little mini blizzard. Lol. Not really, but apparently it's going to snow up to 8 inches and it's really quite windy and making wind-tunnel noises. ;)

My host fam is gone for this weekend - yay!!! House to myself again. I'd be tempted to join you in San Fran but had a look at the prices and it's $275 +taxes. Don't forget Chinese New Year is Sunday. I really wanna go downtown, but I hate the cold!!!

When do you leave SF?

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home